John heads up our public relations and is co-editor of Affinity Spotlight, as well as being responsible for a lot of what we post on our Facebook
page and Twitter
feed. When he’s not trying to charm journalists into giving us more great media coverage, or serving as butler to an elderly cat, his interests include music, Cuban cigars and American whiskey. Get in touch
with John if you would like to contribute to Affinity Spotlight or have any press enquiries.
Credits & Footnotes
Free prize draw - terms and conditions of entry
- No purchase necessary to enter the free prize draw.
- This free prize draw is open to UK residents aged 13 years or over, with the exception
of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
- Entries must be received by 17:00 GMT 27 April 2022. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
- Only one entry per person.
- To enter fill in your details as directed on the entry card.
- All entries will be entered into a prize draw which will take place on 3 May 2022. The first entry drawn will be the winners.
- The prize for the winners is perpetual sitewide licensing of version 2 of Affinity software for their nominated school or college.
- No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners will be notified via email or telephone by 14 May 2022.
- To obtain details of the winner please email email@example.com within 4 weeks of the event.
- By entering this free prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- The winners agree to take part in reasonable publicity and to the use of their names, school/college and photographs in such publicity.
- Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the free prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
- By entering the free prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is Serif (Europe) Ltd, The Software Centre, Nottingham NG11 7EP.
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Privacy Notice – Competitions & Free Prize Draws
This privacy notice tells you about the information we collect from you when you enter our competitions and free prize draws. In collecting this information, we are acting as a data controller and, by law, we are required to provide you with information about us, about why and how we use your data, and about the rights you have over your data.
Who are we?
We are Serif (Europe) Limited. Our address is 12 Wilford Industrial Estate, Wilford, Nottingham, NG11 7EP. You can contact us by post at the above address or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org directing all communications to the Data Protection Officer.
What personal data do we collect?
When you enter our competitions and fee prize draws, we may ask you for your name, your email address, your phone number, and your postal address, along with any other information required for entry into the competition or free prize draw.
Why do we collect this information?
We will use your information to determine whether you have won according to the competition or free prize draw rules. In the event that you win we will notify you of this via phone or email, we may have the prize delivered to your postal address, and your name and town along with any other information required for entry will be disclosed to the competition or free prize draw organiser and may be published. We collect and process this information on the basis of your legitimate interests in participating in the competition or free prize draw, and in claiming the prize in the event that you win.
What do we do with your information?
We may use the information collected to contact you via phone or email for purposes such as relevant promotion and marketing communications. Your information will be stored in a database owned and operated by SugarCRM Inc. It is not sent outside of the UK. We will not sell your information or share your information with any other third parties. We will not use the information to make any automated decisions that might affect you.
Some of our email communications are administered through MailChimp (www.mailchimp.com), and we may store some of your Personal Data - including your name, email address and contact preferences - on a MailChimp server. Mailchimp may process and store your data outside the EEA.
Your rights over your information
By law, you can ask us what information we hold about you, and you can ask us to correct it if it is inaccurate. You can also ask for it to be erased and you can ask for us to give you a copy of the information.
You can also ask us to stop using your information – the simplest way to do this is to withdraw your consent, which you can do at any time, either by emailing or writing to us using the contact details above.
Your right to complain
If you have a complaint about our use of your information, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website at www.ico.org or help line telephone number: 0303 1231113.