We are keeping the updates coming to Affinity Publisher during our public beta! Get the latest version for yourself, still free in beta…
Document Setup and Import
- We’ve fixed selection of a User Preset after editing on Windows.
- We’ve added Picas as a unit of measurement.
- We’ve fixed bleed labels for facing pages.
- We’ve fixed the display of inner bleed guides in facing pages documents.
- Issue with placing images from the Stock Panel into picture frames in non-RGB/8 format documents is now fixed.
Document and Page Management
- Fix for master page objects not loading correctly, resulting in apparent loss of content and display issues.
- We’ve fixed various issues with symbols used on master pages.
- Document bleed is now applied correctly to newly created master pages.
- We’ve fixed the crash when detaching a master page layer via the Symbols Panel.
- We’ve fixed the crash when attempting to apply a deleted master page.
Tools and Menus
- (Mac) Moved View > Zoom to separate sub menu.
- We’ve added View > Preview Mode, which hides all guides and applies Clip to Canvas.
- (Mac) Fixed Ctrl+Click in Swatches Panel.
- (Mac) Fixed issue deleting Document Palettes.
- We’ve fixed the Pages Panel so that masters and pages cannot be selected at the same time.
- We’ve fixed the Navigator Panel so it always displays current spread.
- We’ve added the Colour Picker Tool to keyboard shortcuts on Windows.
- (Windows) Fixed persistence of the Automatically Update Linked Resources option.
- (Windows) Fixed issues resetting defaults from Preferences.
- (Mac) Guide Manager lists are now sorted.
- We’ve implemented Cancel/Undo for multi-image import.
- We’ve added a textual description to the Fields Panel.
- We’ve fixed crash selecting Edit Mask.
- (Mac) We’ve fixed entry of Line Breaks (soft returns).
- We’ve fixed the issue with text input due to invalid tool context selection after using e.g. Fill Tool.
- Autofit frame to text now accounts for hidden overflow text.
- Autofit frame to text now honours bottom text frame inset.
- We’ve fixed interaction of paragraph decorations and first line indents.
- We’ve fixed general character counting hyphenation issues with multi-byte characters and ligatures.
- Hyphenation issues with dictionaries using encodings other than UTF-8 now fixed.
- We’ve fixed character width issues with specific OpenType fonts.
- List tab stops now calculate correctly if document has been re-scaled.
- Text Wrap for Text on a Path now wraps correctly to the open curve.
- Text ruler caret now handles document scaling correctly.
- We’ve fixed the issue accessing multiple decorations when editing a text style.
- No Change text style options now inherit base style values when edited.
- We’ve fixed the issue entering 0 value for text style options when set to No Change.
Find and Replace
- Prevented Find and Replace from being enabled if no search criteria specified.
- We’ve fixed the glitch preventing Find and Replace with empty replace string.
- We’ve fixed Locate Font not wrapping at end of document.
- We’ve ensured Locate Font always selects the relevant text.
- We’ve fixed the Resource Manager to open with currently selected image(s).
- Resource Manager commands are now initially enabled correctly when images are selected.
- We’ve prevented unwanted Embedded/Linked Policy switch prompt when updating linked images.
Export and Printing
- (Mac) We’ve fixed the issue printing where blank pages were generated.
- Print dialog preview not reflecting current N-Up settings is now fixed.
- We’ve fixed the issue printing with page range and Booklet imposition.
- We’ve fixed the instance where Print > Layout Height and Width fields could be reported incorrectly.
- Fixed issues where Export could remove previously exported file.
- We’ve fixed bleed for single page PDF export.
As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents.
Want to learn?
If you need help getting started with Affinity Publisher, you might find our video tutorials useful. We will be adding to these throughout the beta too to keep you up to date with new features and improvements.
Thank you for all your help!
We hope you enjoy the latest update, and as always, if you find any bugs or have any suggestions to improve Affinity Publisher, please post on the relevant forums here.
It’s your feedback that will help to shape what version 1 of Affinity Publisher will be. We really value all your help and support.
Keep up to date with all the released beta updates for Affinity Publisher here.