It’s our 7th update for the Affinity Publisher Public Beta, the response has been amazing so far, keep the feedback coming!
This latest version is available on auto-update—you will be asked if you want to download and install the update when you open Affinity Publisher.
If you have not yet installed any version of the Affinity Publisher Beta, please sign up using the button below.
Vector and Photo Personas
- The Vector and Photo Personas will not be ready until later in the beta. The message captions you get when you select these options have been updated to be more direct and reflect this.
- On MacOS Mojave, on non-retina displays, the default highlight colour used in several places is pale blue and the contrast with white text is poor.
- The Tools toolbar has been re-organised. Requires ‘Clear User Defaults’ on start-up
- Column Guides (Grid Guides) for master spreads and spreads have been added
- Additional spaces and special characters have been added to the Text > Insert menu
- The facility to specify precision for readout of angles has been added in Preferences
- Document History now supports multiple redo paths
Menus, Main View and Studio
- Updated the icon used to represent tables in the Layers panel
- View > Preview Mode now hides snapping candidates
- Fixed issue where switching from master view to page view could display wrong spread
- Improved ‘Zoom to Fit’ to account for rulers
- Docked panel menus could be generated incorrectly after docking a floating panel
- Fixed issues with the new ‘Lock Colourspace’ button appearing in the colour control when not relevant
- (Mac) Page panel thumbnails now show correct colour when using CMYK document profile
- (Mac) Text Frame Panel contents could be corrupted on lower resolutions
- (Windows) Added missing ruler origin menu and operations
- (Windows) Fixed rendering issue that could occur with multiple displays at different display scales
- Fixed order of tabs on New Document / Document Setup for consistency
- Applied master page margin now remembered after document close and re-open
- Changing document DPI now resizes applied master page elements correctly
- Fixed master page / symbol sync issue
- (Windows) Continue and Restart page numbering was disabled for first section
- Fixed crash when double clicking text frame size handles with move tool selected
- Fixed selection issues with Text Frame Linking tool
- Triple-click in text now selects a line. Quadruple-click selects a paragraph
- Fixed inability to delete various text breaks easily
- Fixed issue with right aligned tabs initially appearing outside the text frame
- Rasterising a linked Text Frame now removes the frame from the text flow correctly
- Hiding a text frame also hides tool outlines for any nested text frames
- Fixed hang when auto-fitting text to a text frame when a page break is present
- Fixed crash expanding fields on master spreads
- ‘Ignore Text Wraps’ for a text frame was incorrectly being set ‘Off’ by default
- Fix text wrap issue with large wrap objects
- Fix slow processing / hang when text wrapping around complex grouped curves
- Text Wrap borders are now saved as defaults for new objects when modified
- Fixed OpenType font metrics issue with Stylistic Sets, Small Caps etc
- Fixed issue editing Stylistic Set variants in Text Styles
- Fixed spacing issues when ligatures present in fields
- Fixed issue with Contextual Alternates lookups affecting certain fonts
- Fix for paragraph decorations failing when combining Strokes / Fills and Transparency
- Fixed issue with Text styles > Reset Formatting not always working
- Fixed text Styles UI not correctly updating when tab stop is changed to right aligned
- The option to toggle Unicode (U+nnnn) representation of text has been added to the Text menu
- Added additional validation when opening hyphenation and dictionary files
- (Mac) Fixed UI issue with tab stop leaders in the Text Style dialog
- (Windows) Fixed input of diacritics on some non-English keyboards
- Fixed crash when pasting end of paragraph into last cell of table
Find and Replace
- Optimisations when ‘Replacing All’
- Fix when filtering by font size with scaled frames
- Replace Image now offers Affinity file types
- Picture Frame Tool now has fill set to ‘None’
- Fixed crash when using text wrap on placed PSD with empty layer
- (Mac) Image dragged from Finder now honours embedded / linked placement option
- Font Manager cosmetic and usability improvements
- Fix for font traits not being honoured if modified when substituting in Font Manager
- Fixed issues when duplicating TOC styles
Import / Export / Printing
- N-Up now takes bleed into account when spacing
- N-Up fixed calculations involving top value and vertical gap
- When printing multiple Artboards the preview now honours the full range
- (Mac) Fixed Export to Folder breaks when folder name has special characters
- (Mac) Improved detection of text encoding when inserting text files
(Windows) ‘Save As’ for an opened PDF can fail to add the Affinity file extension
Plus miscellaneous crash fixes
As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents.
Want to learn?
If you need help getting started with Affinity Publisher, you might find our video tutorials useful. We will be adding to these throughout the beta too to keep you up to date with new features and improvements.
Thank you for all your help!
We hope you enjoy the latest update, and as always, if you find any bugs or have any suggestions to improve Affinity Publisher, please post on the relevant forums here.
It’s your feedback that will help to shape what version one of Affinity Publisher will be. We really value all your help and support.
Keep up to date with all the released beta updates for Affinity Publisher here.