This latest version is available on auto-update—you will be asked if you want to download and install the update when you open Affinity Publisher.
If you have not yet installed any version of the Affinity Publisher Beta, please sign up using the button below.
New Features / Changes
- It is now possible to select the desired Page Box for a Placed PDF.
- Added facility to apply a Master Page to a Master Page.
- Snapping is now enabled by default for Publisher from a clean start.
Menus / Toolbars / Studio / Dialogs
- (Mac) Fixed issue where installing a font with a dialog open could cause a hang.
- Fixed drawing of Layer Panel names containing extended characters.
- (Windows) Text Frame description in the Layers Panel no longer expands with text.
- Fixed nomenclature inconsistencies in the Pages Panel.
- (Mac) Fixed some large UI font issues with Pages UI.
- Fix for Style names in Styles Panel not displaying.
New Documents / Import / Export
- Fixes for a number of crashes reported when opening pre-157 documents.
- Page orientation checkbox could be incorrectly checked.
- (Mac) Fixed overlapping controls on Export to TIFF.
- (Windows) Fixed issue with Render on 125% scaled screens being ‘blurry’.
- (Mac) Cursor position not shown on vertical ruler for spreads after first.
- Fixed Rasterising an Object so that it no longer clips to the Spread.
- Fixed Spelling Checker / Check Spelling as you Type.
- Fix for text not aligning correctly with horizontal scaling and tab stop leader.
- ‘Create Character Style’ now creates an empty character style if no selection.
- (Windows) Edit Text Style Character Variants lower limit now clamped at 0.
- Fixed crash when pasting text into multi column frame with Hide Overflow and Text Ruler enabled.
- Find and Replace-Re-instated ability to replace with ‘nothing’.
- Find and Replace-Fixed UI discrepancies between Mac / Windows.
- (Mac) Column and row headers were missing for tables not on first spread.
- (Windows) Font Manager now displays column resize cursor.
- (Windows) Other Font Manager inconsistencies.
As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents.
Want to learn?
If you need help getting started with Affinity Publisher, you might find our video tutorials useful. We will be adding to these throughout the beta too to keep you up to date with new features and improvements.
Thank you for all your help!
We hope you enjoy the latest update, and as always, if you find any bugs or have any suggestions to improve Affinity Publisher, please post on the relevant forums here.
It’s your feedback that will help to shape what version one of Affinity Publisher will be. We really value all your help and support.
Keep up to date with all the released beta updates for Affinity Publisher here.