If you’re already using the beta of our forthcoming desktop publishing app, the latest version is available on auto-update and you will be asked if you want to download and install it the next time you open Affinity Publisher.
If you have not yet installed any version of the Affinity Publisher beta, there’s still time to sign up using the button below.
We have Arrowheads for Line Styles from Designer. The best place to report any issues is probably the Designer Beta Forum.
We have removed the placeholder Assets from Designer. Publisher will release with an empty Asset Panel.
Other Improvements and Fixes
Main Frame UI
- No more duplicate empty panels (!)
- Option for large thumbnails in Layers Panel. Layer colour tagging added
- Column guide default options are now saved
- Adding content with linked images to Assets will switch them to be embedded
- Reintroduced Rotate View on context menus
- Added command entry on Text Styles combos to create a new style
- (Mac) Fixed overlay issue when entering font name into Text context toolbar font control
- (Mac) Fixed crash using arrow keys in Pages Navigator on High Sierra and earlier
- (Mac) Toggle Unicode shortcut is listed only under Text Menu
- (Mac) Find and Replace panel icons missing from Panel on El Capitan and earlier
- (Mac) Line Break shortcut is Shift-Enter
Pages / Master Pages
- No longer draw guides from hidden masters
- Fixed scroll into view in Pages panel
- Fixed crash when pasting a Master into itself
- Fixed crash moving items in Z-order having done detached edits
- Fixed application of Text Wrap borders (!)
- Placing text with a frame selected now populates the frame and replaces the current content
- Fix for positioning of path text
- Formatting a specific text selection no longer updates text defaults. Formatting at the insertion point still does
- Text tool selection improvements. Alt-Click forces select in front / behind
- Long / nested style names in the Text Style panel are now displayed with elllipsis if necessary rather than shrinking
- Fixed crash reading text attributes near Drop Caps
- Fix for Character Variants for some fonts failing to show up in Typography panel
- Fix for erroneous spell check warnings when languages switch within text
- Paragraph Leading control not using localised decimal separator
- OpenType - Accept newer versions of GSUB / GPOS tables. Used by e.g. Bahnschrift
- (Mac) Fixed underline position for e.g. Univers Ultracondensed
- (Win) Fixed issues with the Paragraph Decoration dashed stroke UI
- Ctrl-A / Cmd-A now selects all text in a cell rather than all cells in text context
- Fixes for Table Tool when Table is nested inside layers etc
- Fixed issue setting Table Cell insets
- (Mac) Fixed glitch changing Table Format names
Find and Replace
- Replaced character escapes in Find results with ‘User Description’ glyphs
- RegEx fix for Find with trailing ‘\b’, ‘>‘ not highlighting results and Replace not working
- RegEx fix for Replace All for empty search ranges
- RegEx fix for lookaround (?=regex) etc
Hyperlinks File based Hyperlinks now have an option to copy the linked file to the output folder Insert Anchor fails on text frames promoted from Master Page Add Interactive > Insert Hyperlink to customisable keyboard shortcuts
Import / Export / Print
- PDF Import - Fix for layers not importing
- PDF Import - Improved detection of redundant clips
- PDF Export - Use document colour space for transparency blending
- Export - Fixed issue rendering image nodes with transparent regions with fills applied on raster export
- Export - ‘Pages’ entry box isn’t always enabled correctly
- (Win) Fix for CMYK Printer Profiles not showing in Print dialog
- (Win) Stroke width being printed incorrectly on rotated objects
- Sort index entries by page number
As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents.
Want to learn?
If you need help getting started with Affinity Publisher, you might find our video tutorials useful. We will be adding to these throughout the beta to keep you up to date with new features and improvements.
Thank you for all your help!
We hope you enjoy the latest update, and as always, if you find any bugs or have any suggestions to improve Affinity Publisher, please post on the relevant forums here.
It’s your feedback that will help to shape what version one of Affinity Publisher will be. We really value all your help and support.
Keep up to date with all the released beta updates for Affinity Publisher here.