If you’re already using the beta of our forthcoming desktop publishing app, the latest version is available on auto-update and you will be asked if you want to download and install it the next time you open Affinity Publisher.
If you have not yet installed any version of the Affinity Publisher beta, there’s still time to sign up using the button below.
Updates and Fixes
- Updated Publisher file associations for non-native file types
- Fixes for drag-dropping and copy-pasting from a browser
View / Tools
- Added an Image Info Control on Image Context Toolbar
- ‘Lock Guides’ added to menus
- Text / Table Tool fix for selection issues
- Fixes for Power Duplicate
- Fixed Text Frame Baseline Grid redraw issue with nested frames
- Fix for issues when switching between fill types
- Pen Tool / Node Tool updates including snapping
- Reported guide position now takes into account ruler origin
- View Rotate Left / Rotate Right now rotates in 90 degree increments in Publisher only
- (Win) Fixed UI glitch with Picture Frame Properties buttons
- Fixes for Text Wrap panel not updating correctly after close and re-open
- Fixed Find and Replace across multiple stories
- Hyphenation not functioning with Type 1 fonts
- Fix for erroneous spell check warnings when languages switch within text
- Fix for currency symbols being flagged as a spelling error
- Hyperlinks on Master Pages now handled better
- (Mac) Fix for Hyperlink dialog on non-Mojave macOS versions
- Prevent insertion of hyperlink anchors on master spreads
- Fix for anchor insertion on text frames promoted from Master Page
- (Win) Fixed Tab Stop limits
- Added facility to remove as well as add Table columns / rows with header control
- Redraw issues with table insets
- Table insets are now maintained correctly when a table is resized
- Fix for up / down spinners failing in Table Panel and Table Format Editor
Pages / Master Pages
- Fixed changing Picture Frame Properties for Master Page Picture Frames
- Fix for splitting Masters from facing to single. Fix deleting nested master pages
- Fix for Page Thumbnails not always getting updated when master page text changes
- Fix for Assets Panel expansion bug
- Double clicking an Asset will now seed the Place Tool and switch to it for placement
- (Win) Fixed searching in Assets
- (Mac, Win coming soon) Added Drag Drop files from Finder into the asset panel
- Fixed Embedded documents not always updating correctly when replaced
- Fixed loss of a selected Artboard when Embedded document replaced
- Fixed rasterization of clipped vector objects
- Fix for JPEG Export size not always being honoured
- Fix for Greyscale PDF not exporting as Greyscale
- Fixes for 16 bit image handling with K Only
- Added compression method for TIFF export
As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents.
Want to learn?
If you need help getting started with Affinity Publisher, you might find our video tutorials useful. We will be adding to these throughout the beta to keep you up to date with new features and improvements.
Thank you for all your help!
We hope you enjoy the latest update, and as always, if you find any bugs or have any suggestions to improve Affinity Publisher, please post on the relevant forums here.
It’s your feedback that will help to shape what version one of Affinity Publisher will be. We really value all your help and support.
Keep up to date with all the released beta updates for Affinity Publisher here.