The first update for our Affinity Publisher beta has landed! Free in beta, you can download the latest versions here:
Download for MacDownload for Windows
- We’ve fixed the failure to start on some systems due to font issues.
- Reset Table Formats and Title Exceptions missing from Ctrl+Run on Mac.
Document and Page Management
- We now offer the option to convert Artboard documents to Spread documents upon opening.
- Bleed guides/visible bleed now available in the main document view.
- We’ve fixed document bleed not being automatically applied to new spreads and master spreads.
- We’ve fixed bleed from master pages not drawing on applied spreads.
- Snapping grid now draws on current spread rather than always the first spread.
- Transparent background is a now a document setting, not a per-spread setting.
- We’ve fixed the issue of adding pages to a facing page document generating the wrong page labels.
General Tools and Menus
- We’ve fixed Pop up Sliders not closing on Mac.
- We’ve fixed the priority issue with the Select Tool/Placement Tool.
- We’ve fixed Zoom Out causing unwanted Pan.
- We’ve fixed the Gradient Tool to add stops correctly.
- We’ve added Paste FX to the Layout Persona Edit Menu
- We’ve added Geometry operations to the Customise Toolbar dialog on Mac.
- We’ve fixed applying style from the Styles Panel when in list mode.
- We’ve rearranged the View menu to separate guides and rulers.
- We’ve fixed diacritic entry via dead keys on Mac.
- Drop Caps now have a Scale for Descenders attribute.
- We’ve fixed Leading entry glitches on Windows.
- We’ve fixed Kerning entry glitches.
- We’ve fixed the Tracking entry issue.
- We’ve fixed the intermittent crash when adjusting the Fill and/or Transparency for Decorations.
- We’ve fixed the spelling error highlights not updating whilst editing Text Wrap settings.
- We’ve fixed the crash setting Text Wrap options on EPS images.
- Text flow handles now hide when view is zoomed out a lot, to prevent view clutter.
Text Style Editor
- Layout improvements
- Fixed Style description truncation in Text Style Editor on Windows.
- Setting table cell size from the Table Panel now works correctly.
- We’ve fixed Keep with next lines breaking table layouts.
- Table Save as Default issue that could cause app to crash is now fixed.
- Right click on table header not deleting multiple columns/rows issue is now fixed.
- Table Formats should now include frame fill, stroke and insets.
Resources / Resource Manager
- Document policy for Embedding/Linking images now available from File > New / Document Setup.
- We’ve implemented better prompting when missing Linked Images encountered on Document Open.
- Resource Manager now always shows resource thumbnails.
- Placement sort in Resource Manager now fixed.
- Resource Manager columns are now resizable.
- We’ve fixed Resource Manager grid scroll issues.
- We’ve fixed Properties read out for pasted Affinity documents.
- We’ve fixed the glitch when TOC was deleted leading to incomplete removal.
Print and Export
- We’ve partially fixed double sided prints always flipping on longest side.
- We’ve fixed converting colour for PDF/X-3 export rasterising elements.
As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents.
Want to learn?
If you need help getting started with Affinity Publisher, you might find our video tutorials useful. We will be adding to these throughout the beta too to keep you up to date with new features and improvements.
Thank you for all your help!
We hope you enjoy the latest update, and as always, if you find any bugs or have any suggestions to improve Affinity Publisher, please post on the relevant forums here.
It’s your feedback that will help to shape what version 1 of Affinity Publisher will be. We really value all your help and support.
Keep up to date with all the released beta updates for Affinity Publisher here.