Christi Du Toit is a full-time freelance commercial artist, graphic designer and digital brush-smith from Cape Town, South Africa.
We have commissioned his services several times to great effect—you can see his artwork on our website and in our videos, so when we heard he was working a brush pack designed for Affinity we knew we had to make them available to you!
What is Christi’s Comix Toolbox?
The ‘Comix Toolbox’ was created specifically with a traditional comic-illustration aesthetic in mind.
In this set you will find drafting pencils, erasers, professional inking tools, effects brushes, colouring brushes, custom assets and everything else you need to create stellar digital artwork from the ground up with a comic art look and feel, desktop and iPad friendly!
Almost all of these digital tools are based on real comic art supplies and were custom crafted specifically for professional illustration work.
They have all already been tried and tested by Christi on various projects for a wide variety of happy international clients.
36 raster brushes for Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer’s Pixel Persona
- 1 quick perspective guide
- 3 erasers
- 5 drafting pencils
- 13 digital inking brushes
- 10 FX brushes
- 4 colouring brushes
16 high-resolution digital assets
- 4 varying density screentone sheets
- 5 worn textures
- 4 gritty print frames
- 3 easily scalable vector comic panels
- Installation instructions PDF
- Brush cheat sheet PDF
- Tips & Tricks PDF
- 11in x 17in comic paper template (.afphoto)
- Sample illustration (.afphoto and JPG)
- Perfect for professional, digitally inked and coloured illustrations, comic books and manga artwork.
- Great for illustrating band posters, assets for games and animation, hand-lettering, and concept art.
Buy Christi’s Comix Toolbox from the Store now!
Christi’s Comix Toolbox is compatible with Affinity Designer and Photo, desktop and iPad and is available on the Affinity Store now!
About the creator…
We are big fans of Christi’s gritty, hand-drawn style and have featured him previously on Spotlight. Read our interview with Christi to learn how he got into illustration, the tools he uses and where he turns to for inspiration.