Designed to be the first complete, professional photo editing app for iPad, Affinity Photo was selected as the 2017 App of the Year by Apple, as well as featuring in countless ‘best of’ end-of-year lists.
The latest version, 1.6.7, includes a raft of enhancements which make it even more capable of handling a full professional workflow on the go:
- Save overwrites back to the same location, without needing to create a copy
- Shoot direct in RAW or HDR from within the app
- Major upgrades for RAW processing including adjusting shadows, highlights and clarity on RAW images
- Ability to add your own fonts
- Opening and editing files in place directly from the iOS Files app
- A new Solo Layer View mode, allowing you to isolate individual layers instantly
- Further enhancements to the handy Drag & Drop functions introduced with iOS11
- A new Show Touches option to create more detailed screen captures – great for users who create tutorials
Serif Managing Director Ashley Hewson says: “These latest additions will make working life simpler than ever for photographers who have embraced Affinity Photo and the iPad as the core of their professional workflow.
“Affinity Photo was created to take full advantage of the amazing technology the latest iPads offer, and our developers continue to work tirelessly to cement its reputation as the benchmark for creative apps on iOS.”
Ashley Hewson adds: “Improved RAW editing and the added convenience of using Files and Drag & Drop are further steps forward. And we’re delighted to see so many users are already publishing their own tutorials, so the Show Touches screen-recording capability is really big news for them.
“Meanwhile Solo Layer View means you can instantly isolate a particular layer to work on, even in the most complex multi-layered documents. It all adds up to a faster, smoother workflow than ever, to take wherever you go.”