1. 5 game-changing new features in Affinity Designer 2
We have worked tirelessly to not only include many of the new features our customers have been asking for, but a whole host of usability and workflow improvements to make Affinity Designer more productive than ever before. Here we delve into some of the most notable new features in Version 2 and how to get the most from them.
2. 5 things we love about Affinity Photo 2
The next generation of Affinity Photo is bursting with highly requested new features and countless performance and usability improvements to make the workflows of our users—photographers, photo editors, retouchers and artists—more fluid and productive than ever before. Here are five new additions (and more!) we think you’ll love!
3. Get the most out of Affinity V2 with our new Learning Portal
We have created tons of new learning resources for Affinity Version 2 apps—and they’re all available now on our new Learning Portal! Check it out if you haven’t done so already.
4. Create incredible layouts on the go with Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad!
Based on the desktop version—which was chosen by Apple as its Mac App of the Year—Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad has been fully reimagined for touch to deliver a super-sleek professional workflow unlike that of any other creative app on iPad. Here are ten things you need to know about this ground-breaking new software.
5. 5 things you should know about Affinity Publisher 2
Affinity V2 brings a host of new features to Affinity Publisher. Features we think users both new and old will love! In this article, we walk through our top five new additions, including a highly requested Books feature, notes tool and Place Auto-flow, and what you need to know about them.
6. 16 Follow-worthy YouTube channels for Affinity tutorials, tips and tricks
If you want to learn the ins and outs of Affinity software and boost your creative skills, there are countless YouTube channels to teach you. But with so much choice, it can seem difficult to know where to start. So to help you out, we collated 16 of our favourites.
7. 10 incredible macro shots edited in Affinity Photo
We are captivated by macro photography and are thrilled to see more and more stunning macro images tagged #madeinaffinity and #affinityphoto on Instagram. After reaching out to the talented photographers behind some of our favourites, they were kind enough to share their processes with us.
8. 7 tips for natural-looking beauty retouching
Kayleigh June is a beauty and fashion photographer who regularly shares retouching and photography tutorials on her YouTube channel. She joined us here on Spotlight to share her top tips for preserving the character and details in beauty shots using the non-destructive retouching tools in Affinity Photo.
9. The photorealistic vector art of Kirk Moffatt, aka Vector Von Doodle
Self-confessed sci-fi and fantasy addict Kirk Moffatt, aka Vector Von Doodle, is a Northern Irish creative who creates incredibly complex vector art in Affinity Designer for iPad in his spare time. We chatted with him about his creative process, his all-time favourite sci-fi/fantasy character and more.
10. 10 easy ways to take your lettering to the next level
Lettering artist and asset creator Snooze One shares his top tips for adding the finishing touches to your lettering projects to make them stand out from the crowd.
11. Ian Mitchell: creatively reducing the British landscape to minimalist shapes and forms
Digital artist Ian Mitchell talks to us about his creative background, his daily life as an artist and the stunning vector landscapes he creates in Affinity Designer.
12. The best of Affinitober 2022
Each October, we see a slew of talented artists using Affinity Designer or Photo to power their creativity while taking part in the annual Inktober challenge. So this year, we thought it might be fun to bring the Affinity community together and host a drawing challenge of our own, which we aptly named Affinitober. Here’s a roundup of some of our favourite illustrations and a bit about the talented Affinity users who created them.
13. 11 ways to find cohesive colour palettes for your designs
Colour choices can make or break an otherwise outstanding piece of work, and many artists spend time experimenting with different colour ways before finding a palette that fits the theme and mood they’re after. With this in mind, we asked a group of talented designers and illustrators with varying styles to tell us their go-to techniques for creating cohesive colour palettes.
14. 9 tips for spectacular autumn photography
Four professional photographers share their top tips for capturing the spectacular colours and atmospheric conditions they embrace during this enchanting time of year.
15. Flex your creative muscles in 2022 with our top challenges for designers
To help make 2022 your most creative year yet, we collated our pick of the best challenges for graphic designers and illustrators.
16. Affinity Publisher for photographers: tips and tricks for professional presentation
During his thirty-year creative career, photographer Niall Benvie has used presentation as a means to stand out from the crowd. Here he describes how photographers can use Affinity Publisher to get their work noticed and extend their creative practice.
17. Creating stunning smoke overlays in Affinity Photo with Reto Scheiwiller
Asset creator Reto Scheiwiller shares his process for shooting breathtaking images of smoke and turning them into overlays using Affinity Photo.
18. Jon Busby: ‘ultimately a camera is a means to an end; for me, that end is to create an emotional connection’
Talented portrait and hat photographer Jon Busby of The Portrait Kitchen chats to us about his path into photography, what happens behind the scenes on a typical shoot and his thoughts on using Affinity Photo for iPad for retouching.
19. Improve your still life photography with 10 tricks of the trade
We asked six artists to tell us their secrets for making unforgettable still life images. Read on for ten of their best tips.
20. The mystical, surreal, imaginary worlds of Lukas Hoefer
Lukas Hoefer, aka inoubli4ble, is a self-taught digital artist who creates intriguing and surreal worlds by combining multiple images in Affinity Photo. He talks to us about his early photo manipulations and how he honed his skills and shares some tips for those wanting to produce believable composite images of their own.