The latest update for our Affinity Publisher beta has landed! Free in beta, you can get the latest versions here:
Fixes and improvements in version 188.8.131.52
General Tools and Menus
- Added facility to Create and Manage Document Presets from New Document dialog.
- Fixed the issue of text frame column control not being shown on smaller Mac screens.
- The Stabiliser for the Pencil Tool has been fixed.
- The Baseline Grid Toggle has been removed from the Toolbar.
- Zoom Tool fixed to default to Scrubby Zoom on Windows (Scrubby Rulez, OK).
- Ctrl-click now brings up the Context Menu for page objects on Mac.
- Ctrl-click now brings up the Context menu in the Pages Panel.
- We’ve fixed Escape not dismissing the Context menu on Windows.
- Preferences > Auto-correct options are now remembered after restarting.
- We’ve fixed Preferences > Title Exceptions UI not working as expected on Mac.
- We’ve fixed the Preferences > Reset Fills crash on Mac.
- Fix for Preferences > Automatically Update Linked Resources not applying after restart.
- Fixed some keyboard shortcut combinations not working to apply Text Styles.
- We’ve implemented better bleed handling when opening PDF files.
- We’ve fixed the Pages Panel thumbnail drawing which could fail on Windows.
- We’ve fixed the instance where Master Pages failed to create.
- Bleed settings converted to Inner/Outer Bleed for facing pages documents is now fixed.
- We’ve fixed the crash from pressing Cmd-Delete on an empty text frame.
- The issue of applying a paragraph style wiping character style attributes is now fixed.
- We’ve fixed the erratic behavior of the drawing of red wavy spelling underlines.
- We’ve fixed Hide Overflow text by default.
- Applying a DropCap now decomposes any ligature.
- Fixed the application of DropCap affecting whether ligatures are disabled by kerning.
- We’ve fixed the issue with Optical Alignment with accented characters.
- We’ve fixed the issue with Optical Alignment with tab stops.
- Triple clicking paragraph to select it no longer highlights bullet/number on next paragraph.
- We’ve fixed Autofit Frame to Text causing overflow in some circumstances.
- Paragraph Panel, Tab Stops section, Tab stop leader dropdown button fixed on Mac.
- We’ve added capability to centre list text after bullet is applied.
- We’ve prevented unwanted character attributes being applied to bullets and list numbering.
- We’ve fixed the silly limit on Start numbering at for numbered lists.
- Tab stop From Right setting not being honoured for the Text Ruler is fixed.
- Fixed the crash on Mac accessing Stylistic Sets from the Character Panel.
- Frame text column guides added as an Object Geometry snapping candidate.
- Fixed multiple instances of System Palette appearing in Table Fills lists.
Images and Resources
- We’ve fixed the failure of Mac Quick Look to close from the Place dialog.
- We’ve fixed the Linked Resource Changed pop up causing the .afpub file to be locked on Mac.
- Resource Manager list ‘Update’ fixes.
- Fixed some Selection issues when working with Resource Manager.
- Picture Frame Properties dialog fixed for large UI fonts.
- We’ve fixed Picture Frame crash when converting to curves.
- We’ve fixed import and export of Assets on Windows.
- Fixed the issue of adding character to TOC separator field whcih could cause crash.
- We’ve moved Preview Export when complete on PDF Export to main dialog.
- Redundant option Include Bleed removed from PDF Export > ‘More’ Options
- Export now allows picking a page/spread/range for export.
- We’ve removed references to Export Persona in File Export.
As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents.
Want to learn?
If you need help getting started with Affinity Publisher, you might find our video tutorials useful. We will be adding to these throughout the beta too to keep you up to date with new features and improvements.
Thank you for all your help!
We hope you enjoy the latest update, and as always, if you find any bugs or have any suggestions to improve Affinity Publisher, please post on the relevant forums here.
It’s your feedback that will help to shape what version 1 of Affinity Publisher will be. We really value all your help and support.
Keep up to date with all the released beta updates for Affinity Publisher here.