It’s our 6th update so far during the Affinity Publisher Public Beta!
This latest version is available on auto-update—you will be asked if you want to download and install the update when you open Affinity Publisher.
If you have not yet installed any version of the Affinity Publisher Beta, please sign up using the button below.
- When creating a document, we’ve added an option to create multiple pages.
- Added an option to automatically create and assign a master page.
- Added bleed margin settings.
Menus, Toolbars & Studio
- The View > Studio list is now sorted alphabetically (Windows).
- We’ve fixed the Alignment popup ‘Distribute’ UI disable glitch (Windows).
- We’ve fixed the crash dragging &&Layers/Styles into the Pages Panel* (Windows)*.
- We’ve fixed the crash when creating a new Assets category (Windows).
- The clipping issue with the page indicator content has been fixed (Mac).
- Resetting Workspace now resets panel widths correctly (Mac).
- We’ve fixed the isse with the fixed panel widths getting reset after restart (Mac).
- Force Pixel Alignment is now turned off by default (Windows).
- We’ve fixed some large UI fonts issues with Preferences (Mac).
- We’ve fixed picture frame properties fitting mode highlight (Windows).
- We’ve fixed import of margins from .afdesign and .afphoto files.
- PDF Import text spacing improvements.
Document and Page Management
- Pages now inherit master page margins unless overridden.
- We’ve fixed calculation of margins when converting to and from a facing pages document.
- Drawing glitch with facing master pages and ‘Clip to Canvas’ now fixed.
- We’ve fixed incorrect duplication of guides from source page when adding pages.
- We’ve fixed the glitch adding facing page masters after changing document setup (Windows).
- We’ve added Pica units to Spread Setup, Add Master Spread and ‘ruler units’ menu. — The ruler units menu is missing on Windows, it will be added soon.
- Document units are now honoured when setting up bleed in Document Setup.
- We’ve fixed the master page name editing/commit glitch.
- Fixed some large UI font issues with Add Master Spread dialog (Mac).
- We’ve fixed the issue with gradient fill tool with gradients applied to text frames.
- Rotation gesture is now disabled by default in Preferences (for Publisher only).
- Fixed the issue with stroke weights when pasting between documents with differing DPIs. — We are aware of other DPI pasting issues, please bear with us.
- Fixed instances where Symbols were not detaching correctly.
- Changing text frame gutter/column widths no longer changes the frame width.
- Added command to distribute column widths equally on a multi-column frame.
- It is now possible to link gutter widths on a multi-column frame to keep them in step. — Changing linked gutter widths can unbalance columns widths, this will be fixed soon.
- The text frame ‘Ignore Text Wraps’ option is now correctly initialised on Windows.
- We’ve fixed the placement of wrap shape when editing wrap shape of grouped child.
- We’ve fixed the text wrap issues with vector cropped objects.
- Fixes for interaction of text indents and text wrapping.
- Fix for calculation of OpenType character widths with certain combinations of attributes.
- Fix for text frame baseline grid not drawing correctly in some cases…
- Character Panel decoration line style and Stroke Panel line style now update in sync.
- Fix for Text Styles Panel not refreshing after being unhidden.
- We’ve fixed the issue reverting text style stylistic set variants to ‘No Change’ (Windows).
- We’ve fixed the issue setting text styles right optical alignment (Windows).
- We’ve fixed auto-resize of text for single lines of text in an overflowing frame.
- Crash editing TOC styles after deleting all text styles is now fixed.
- We’ve fixed text AutoFlow issues with pages with pre-existing content.
- We’ve updated tool drawing for text flows containing hidden text frames.
- Fix for words with soft hyphen being shown as misspelled (Windows).
- We’ve fixed auto hyphenation issues for text with diacritics etc.
- Fix for spelling highlight not being updated when applying a Table Format.
- Improvements to title case and sentence case for languages other than English.
- Selecting text within lists improved.
- The ‘Next Page Number’ text field has been renamed ‘Next Frame Page Number’. — Because this is what it does. Useful for e.g. ‘Continued on’.
- Fixed crash using some Autocorrect replacements in some languages.
- Resource Manager layout improvements.
- Fixed crash when cancelling some Resource Manager operations.
- Colour space for un-profiled PNGs is now assumed to be sRGB.
- Changing column count using the onscreen control could be unreliable, this is now fixed.
Export and Print
- Book and booklet printing now honours bleed (Mac).
- Fix for N-Up left/top gaps being ignored.
- Better check for space characters when printing (catches Times New Roman ‘LSEP’).
- Single spread documents can now be exported as individual pages.
- Fix for inner bleed not being honoured for leading/trailing pages when exporting to PDF.
- Fix for custom print paper dimensions not respecting units (Windows).
- Fixed document thumbnails not displaying in Explorer (Windows).
As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents.
Want to learn?
If you need help getting started with Affinity Publisher, you might find our video tutorials useful. We will be adding to these throughout the beta too to keep you up to date with new features and improvements.
Thank you for all your help!
We hope you enjoy the latest update, and as always, if you find any bugs or have any suggestions to improve Affinity Publisher, please post on the relevant forums here.
It’s your feedback that will help to shape what version 1 of Affinity Publisher will be. We really value all your help and support.
Keep up to date with all the released beta updates for Affinity Publisher here.