This latest version is available on auto-update—you will be asked if you want to download and install the update when you open Affinity Publisher.
If you have not yet installed any version of the Affinity Publisher Beta, please sign up using the button below.
Updates and Fixes
- Some common tools missing shortcuts now have shortcuts.
- We’ve fixed the issue setting ruler origin for spreads other than the first.
- The Pen Tool not initially snapping to grid when a document opened is now fixed.
- Rotation Centre now snaps to guides.
- Fixed issue with panels (e.g. Styles) resizing content when scheme changes.
- (Mac) Fixed special case of Ctrl+V failing as a shortcut
- (Win) Basic Grid failing to show ‘Spacing’ and ‘Divisions’ entry boxes on Grid and Axis Manager now fixed.
Loading / Saving
- Fixed failure to save if HEIC file is used in the document.
- The term Embedded Document is replaced with Linked Document in the UI where appropriate.
- Fix for Picture Frame Properties defaults not saving correctly.
Pages and Document Setup
- Added option to switch an existing Master Spread between Single and Facing.
Import / Export / Print
- Fix for PDFs with different DPI to document DPI importing at the wrong size.
- (Win) Print max copies increased to 9999.
- Pre-print check warns about overflow when text is hidden.
- Fix for Crop Marks appearing in document area on print.
- Fixed Drag Drop text from Finder / Explorer to drop into existing frame if available.
- Capitalisation not being set when text frame is selected is now fixed.
- Fixed Drop Caps alignment when using Baseline Grid.
- Fixed Baseline Grid alignment for second page of vertical spread.
- Fix for linked text frames flipping link order to match z-order when cloned.
- (Win) Fixed limits on Paragraph Justification settings.
- (Win) Fix for a new Based on text style not being set up correctly from its base style.
- Fix for ‘No Style’ not removing Lists, Drop Caps, Initial Words attributes.
- Fix for ‘Decrease List Level’ not always working correctly.
- (Mac Removed recently used fonts erroneously placed at top of ‘All’ section.
- Fix for Optical Alignment with quotations causing Artistic Text to jump horizontally.
Find and Replace
- (Mac) Fix for entering comma into Find Field.
- Fixed tabbing issues in Find and Replace Panel.
- Implemented better Replace All behaviour.
- Fixed Assets subcategory order not being remembered after restart.
- Fix for crash when adding to a Symbol after deleting all the children in a detached instance.
- Double Click to add Glyph in Glyph Browser could crash if tool was not active, this has now been fixed.
- (Win) Fixed History scrolling with the mouse wheel issue which removed highlight.
- Fixed different images being grouped as the same in Resource Manager when opening a PDF.
- Fixed Colour Profile in Resource Manager not updating when image replaced.
As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents.
Want to learn?
If you need help getting started with Affinity Publisher, you might find our video tutorials useful. We will be adding to these throughout the beta too to keep you up to date with new features and improvements.
Thank you for all your help!
We hope you enjoy the latest update, and as always, if you find any bugs or have any suggestions to improve Affinity Publisher, please post on the relevant forums here.
It’s your feedback that will help to shape what version one of Affinity Publisher will be. We really value all your help and support.
Keep up to date with all the released beta updates for Affinity Publisher here.