This latest version is available on auto-update—you will be asked if you want to download and install the update when you open Affinity Publisher.
If you have not yet installed any version of the Affinity Publisher Beta, please sign up using the button below.
Updates and fixes
Here are all the fixes and the new stuff you will find in Affinity Publisher 188.8.131.52…
We have our first pass at support for hyperlinks. You can place hyperlinks on text or other items in your document and create anchors for them to target. You can also create hyperlinks to document pages or internet URLs etc. These hyperlinks will export to PDF, though be aware not all varieties of PDF support interactive features. This feature is mainly driven via the Menu, Text > Interactive and the Hyperlinks Panel, View > Studio > Hyperlinks.
Additionally if you create a TOC or Index and request hyperlinks on export the TOC or Index will be furnished with hyperlinks as appropriate.
We now have localised text for all of the languages we intend to support at release, and the Preferences UI to switch language has been enabled.
However, we are aware of quite a large number of issues currently with UI layout and missing translation text. If you wish to log an issue on the forum that you think is purely a translation issue (i.e. UI layout, text truncation, missing translation, incorrect translation) we would be grateful if you could make a post in this thread.
Please note that documents saved in Build 238 will not open in Build 227 or earlier. We suggest you work on a copy if your document is valuable to you.
Main Window, Menus, Panels, Tools
- Grouped and ordered blend modes in various places in the UI
- (Win) Fixed issue with Noise slider in Layer Effects causing hang
- Convert to Picture Frame/Text Frame missing for right-click on any selected shape
- Added button tooltips to Fields panel for clarity
- Fix to snap Picture Frame content to frame
- Fix for unwanted page change when placing a guide
- (Mac) Fix for currently active page not being highlighted correctly in Light Mode
- (Win) Fix for poor Glyph Browser selection highlight in Light Mode
- (Win) Fix for spot colours losing spot attribute when edited
- Grouped tool shortcuts now default to using the Shift key to cycle. Option in preferences to revert to old behaviour
- Fixed possible crash with HSL Adjustments
- Fields Author field can now be overridden by supplying default with no documents open
- (Win) Fix for TOC / Index separators not accepting preset entries
- (Win) Fixed slow resizing of side panels.
Pages and Master Pages
- Fixed issues moving single pages with facing masters
- Select All no longer selects master page content
- Fixes for Find and Replace with master text frames
- Fixes for TOC and Index issues with master pages
- Fixed context menus for master page items on regular pages
- Fix for Text Ruler not showing with detached master page text frames
- Fix for Auto-flow with master frame content
- Fix for Resource Manager not showing resources in detached picture frames
- Fix for guides not being inherited when master applied to master.
Text and Tables
- Fix for Auto-Capitalise being too keen to help
- Added a Text Tool context toolbar shortcut to access Text Frame panel
- (Win) Fixed List Increase / Decrease Level shortcuts clash
- Added ‘No Style’ to Find and Replace Paragraph Style popup
- Fix for Text Styles options not updating based on selection
- Fix to expand Text Field contents for copying to clipboard in non-native formats
- Fixed Arial Black confusion
- (Win) Text Styles - Added optical alignment settings to Text Style Editor
- Fix for incorrect Text Wrap in scaled Text Frames
- Fix for text selection across spreads with master text frames.
Import, Export and Printing
- Placing text via File > Place now honours resizing aspect preferences
- PDF Export now has the option not to export layers
- Fixed to warn when printing if crop marks are requested but don’t fit to paper
- Fixed source of crash when exporting specific documents to PSD
- Updating a placed multi-page pdf now maintains chosen page number if possible
- Fix for current page not being selected when using ‘Current Page’ print range
- Fix for Bleeds failing to export to PDF when selecting specific Artboards
- Fix for image resources not saving and loading their relative paths properly
- Fix for Bleed not set when importing Designer document with Artboards.
- (Win) Fixed high DPI setup failure.
As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents.
Want to learn?
If you need help getting started with Affinity Publisher, you might find our video tutorials useful. We will be adding to these throughout the beta to keep you up to date with new features and improvements.
Thank you for all your help!
We hope you enjoy the latest update, and as always, if you find any bugs or have any suggestions to improve Affinity Publisher, please post on the relevant forums here.
It’s your feedback that will help to shape what version one of Affinity Publisher will be. We really value all your help and support.
Keep up to date with all the released beta updates for Affinity Publisher here.